Follow the brown signs
A hillside preaching church
This austere Georgian church is perched on a hillside overlooking Delph. St Thomas was built in 1765 by the local community who named it Heights Chapel.
Inside, it is sparse yet atmospheric with a stone flag roof and a bell-cote. As a ‘preaching church’ it has galleries on three sides and a small sanctuary with a plain Venetian style east window.
Many of the 19th-century fittings were removed to the new parish church in Delph.
How to find us
St Thomas’ Church, Friarmere
Get directions to this attraction