Follow the brown signs
A Fenland church filled with faces
This medieval Fenland church is filled with light and numerous carved faces peering out of the stonework.
The north aisle has a 13th-century doorway and 14th-century windows. The noble nave arcades and the west tower, with its superb stone-panelled arch and vaulted ceiling, are 15th-century.
Tradition has it that the chancel was destroyed by a flood in 1613 and the south aisle was largely rebuilt in about 1800.
There is also a Perpendicular period octagonal font and a pulpit from 1677.
The churchyard has some intricately detailed gravestones and an obelisk to John Peck, the parish constable (who died in 1851).
How to find us
Church of St John the Baptist, Parson Drove
Get directions to this attraction